I just bought Matt Wertz's new album, Under the Summer Sun, and I LOVE IT! Very rarely do I buy a CD knowing only one or two songs on it, and end up liking every single one. I first heard of Matt a few years ago, and while I have heard some of his songs over the years and have a few friends that are mildly obsessed with him, I was never enough of a fan to spend money on his music. But lately, every time I've listened to Pandora at least one of his songs is played...and I always catch myself humming the melodies in my head for days after.
While his melodies are catching, and his voice is so easy to listen to, it's his lyrics that have caught my attention the most. I swear it's almost as if he was reading my thoughts when he was writing them. I have a feeling this one is going to be in my CD player for awhile...
Favorites on album (for now):
1. Everything's Right
2. The Way I Feel
7. Keep Faith
12. Back in June



0 comments:
Post a Comment