Winter Wonderland...in Texas!

|
Today I saw one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life: SNOW...in TEXAS!  Now I've seen snow plenty of times in my life.  I've actually seen snow at least a couple times in Texas, but never like this.  This was a true snow; a snow that blankets the earth and actually sticks (yes, sticks) to the ground, covering everything in sight with a soft, inviting powder.  It's a special snow...the kind that many of us growing up in temperate climates wished for as kids, especially around Christmas.  You can hear how special it is in the laughter of the kids making snowballs outside; and feel it in the warmth of people smiling in awe as they look outside their windows.

I have always been intrigued by snow.  Maybe it's the fact that I don't get to see it very often, and thus it's a bit of a mystery and a bit of a treat.  Or maybe it's the fact that it comes down so gently, so quietly, and yet it has the capability to drastically change a landscape.  I think that's what I like about snow the most: it's ability to make everything look so calm and tranquil.  There's something so beautiful and awe-inspiring about a snow-covered landscape.  I can't help but get a huge grin on my face and have my heart fill with joy every time I look out my window. 

Sadly, I couldn't convince anyone to play with me in it (lame).  But I did twirl around in it by myself a few times...and I may or may not have eaten a small handful of it that I got off my balcony.  I mean, really, it only snows like this every 15+ years here...and you know you probably would have done the same thing. :)

1 comments:

Annie said...

How ironic that when I finally leave Texas it snows. Granted, I know I'll get my own handful of snow here too. Yesterday it started snowing on my way to school, nothing that stuck, but just pretty flurries as I drove. I'm glad you got to experience some of that.

All I wanted to do when it was snowing here is eat some too :)