In My Element

|
A friend of mine posted this on her blog several days ago, and I loved the idea...so I'm borrowing it!

I am most in my element when...
  • sitting outside in the sunshine, gazing up at the stars, or sitting beneath the trees (especially the tree with the swing in it at my grandparent's house in Shelby, Texas).
  • surrounded by family and friends that I've known most of my life while enjoying good food, good drink and ridiculous conversations.  (They're the people that I feel truly free to be myself around...and they choose to love me in spite of this).
  • working on an art/craft/home project (which doesn't happen enough these days).
  • enjoying a great cup of coffee (be it in the company of another person, while having a meaningful conversation, reading a good book, or just soaking in the world around me).
  • listening to music that sings to my soul (I love honest/meaningful lyrics and truly talented musicians).  
  • preparing and/or consuming most any type of food (especially in the company of good friends).
  • reading a book that really consumes and inspires me.
  • soaking in a bathtub with lots of bubbles, good music playing in the background, and just reflecting on the day.
  • driving (especially on sunny Sunday afternoons...when I have no agenda and no destination in mind).
  • traveling to far off lands, learning about new cultures, people watching, and truly experiencing a different way of life (I love going to grocery stores in foreign countries and seeing how differently the set-up/organization is from one country to the next).
  • spending time in the beauty of unspoiled nature (I love it when I can gaze out and the only thing for miles are rolling hills, mountains or a body of water).  
  • writing (in any form or fashion).

When are you most in your element? 

Feel free to borrow this to post on your own blog.  It's fun to think about!

0 comments: